Best Bits is an inclusive network of key civil society organisations from across the world, who come together to highlight their various initiatives, and foster mutual learning and broader engagement. The network is called “Best Bits” because it does not aim to present a single solution for ratification by the assembled groups, but rather to offer an open space where each group can present and advocate for the initiatives that they believe offer the best positive agenda for advancing broadly shared civil society interests in Internet governance.
- To raise the level of shared understanding about related groups, initiatives and issues and their political contexts.
- To broaden and diversify participation in the initiatives that participants are undertaking individually or in smaller networks in the areas of Internet governance and Internet and human rights.
- To amplify the voice of global civil society at upcoming multilateral Internet governance and Internet rights meetings.
- To strengthen involvement from civil society from the Global South in particular in global Internet governance and Internet rights debates and to dissolve North-South divides.
- To produce tangible shared civil society outputs addressing pressing current issues that can be used in advocacy at important upcoming Internet governance and Internet rights events.
- To develop an inclusive and sustainable civil society network for Internet governance and Internet rights issues.
- Dec 16, 2017 - Dec 17, 2017 all day Joint Civil Society Meeting 2017
- Dec 4, 2016 - Dec 5, 2016 all day Joint Civil Society Meeting 2016
- Nov 8, 2015 - Nov 9, 2015 all day Best Bits 2015
- Mar 2, 2015 - Mar 2, 2015WSIS+10 Overall Review – Information sharing and CS coordination event
- Aug 31, 2014 - Sep 1, 2014 all day Best Bits 2014
- Oct 19, 2013 - Oct 21, 2013 all day Best Bits 2013
- Feb 25, 2013 - Feb 28, 2013 all day WSIS+10 review, February 2013
- Nov 3, 2012 - Nov 5, 2012 all day Best Bits 2012