Joint hosts of this meeting are the Association for Progressive Communications (APC), Best Bits, the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), the Just Net Coalition (JNC), and ICANN’s Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG).
The overall theme for this meeting is Private Regulation of the Internet. The detailed session agenda (which is subject to change) may be found under the “Latest agenda” tab.
- To raise the level of shared understanding about related groups, initiatives and issues and their political contexts.
- To broaden and diversify participation in the initiatives that participants are undertaking individually or in smaller networks in the areas of Internet governance and Internet and human rights.
- To amplify the voice of global civil society at upcoming multilateral Internet governance and Internet rights meetings.
- To strengthen involvement from civil society from the Global South in particular in global Internet governance and Internet rights debates and to dissolve North-South divides.
- To produce tangible shared civil society outputs addressing pressing current issues that can be used in advocacy at important upcoming Internet governance and Internet rights events.
- To develop an inclusive and sustainable civil society network for Internet governance and Internet rights issues.
Register by clicking “RSVP” above.
Welcome and introductions
Private regulation of the Internet
- Internet infrastructure providers’ role in content censorship
- Digital violence (beyond the protection of assets)
- Developing Guidelines of private regulation
- Internet Shutdown and Implications for Africa
- Disappearance of the multistakeholder model: threats like the case of CGIbr
- Multi-stakeholder construction of national IGF in Latin America
- Building Regional Education programs to let know the people about Internet Rights and comparisons with other countries
Trade and the Internet
- Update on trade and the Internet
- The future of NAFTA, TTIP, RCEP
- Economic nationalism, civil society and Internet governance
- Internet openness and data flows
- Privacy and Our data online
- Cross-border access to electronic evidence: a new protocol to the Cybercrime Convention
Flash/policy slam sessions
NCUC/NCSG/ICANN sponsor presentation
Civil society strategy session
- Civil Society Strategy at the IGF
- Global civil society strategy: identifying shared goals
Attending in person
To add a background paper, click the Upload button above.
To add a report, click the Upload button above.
To be confirmed.